Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake


So there I was on a Monday night. I had cleaned, paid bills, done laundry, and set appointments all in ONE day! Yay me! So after a day full of productiveness (if that's a word) I felt like I had the willpower to create something magical for dinner. The problem? I have almost no food in which to create a meal.

So what does one do? Improvise!

Who doesn't love quinoa? really. I be the answer is no one. Luckily I had a GIANT Costco-size bag of it in my pantry. With a little creativity and lots of need to look like the best wife ever, I cooked! It turned out awesome! And for the first time in awhile I didn't feed Tristan something from the freezer (almost).



Here is the recipe:

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Bake

1 2/3 cup Quinoa cooked
2 cups broccoli cooked (I used the freezer steamers)
2 1/2 cups ground turkey cooked (I used turkey as it was all I had. Chicken would be yummy!)
2 T. butter
1 can Cream of Broccoli Soup
1 cup milk
3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Dash salt
Dash pepper
Breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Set aside first three ingredients after they are cooked

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add the can of soup and milk and let it come to a light boil
Add your cheese and stir till it is all melted. (Check out that stringy goodness!)
Add salt and pepper

In a large bowl add quinoa, broccoli and meat. Stir in cheese sauce until well blended

Spray a 9"x13" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
Add mixture evenly.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and cover with foil.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes removing foil half way through. Enjoy!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment