To my fellow lazy bloggers...


Today I put the girls down for a nap (and they went to sleep right away, for once!) and got on the computer to post a crochet pattern to my blog. I found myself an hour later accomplishing nothing but staring at the screen at Pinterest post after Pinterest post on how to better my blog... make it more profitable... make it look professional.... how to master SEO... I ended up with a headache. Too long have I put time into making this blog awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE blogging. In fact, I love it so much that I dream about fun projects just to share with you, my dear readers. But I have to put the mouse down and remind myself that I cant be perfect (ouch). This is reality, I have two children... two TWO YEAR OLDS. You know, the kind that poop on my ottoman and wipe boogers on my couch, and that is just today. They wont nap everyday no matter how much I try. And when they do I am afraid they will hear me and come knocking on my office door. Oh yes and I forgot to mention. I have this thing called a house. A house that seemingly is always dirty.

I just don't have time to invest my life into being an awesome blogger/computer genius. Now don't get me wrong, I seriously applaud those of you who have awesome blogs. Those of you who do creative things that inspire others. All while making that six figure income. I don't know how you do it. You are the ones I have looked up to to get my blog where I thought it should be.

I receive 60,000+ views a month. That's a whole hell of a lot! And I am so thankful! I love knowing that my fun projects catch your eye and inspire you. Having a famous blog wasn't my original intent. I started this merely to document my pregnancy and post pics of the girls to show family. But it grew into something beautiful!

I would love to make money from my passion. How amazing would it be to be able to assist my family in paying off debt (thanks school loans)? And maybe soon I will, with the launch of my totally awesome pattern line.

You may not know this, but I have my bachelors degree in Fashion Design. I love to sew. But the thing is, I love to sew for my girls. To make something sweet and original. But I simply can not seem to find the time to finish much of anything. You also may not know that I love the Lord. He knows the desires of my heart, and if he wants this blog to become something even more amazing, it will. Until then, I need to spend more time pouring love and creativity into my two amazing children who, after all, are my biggest fans. I vow, here and now, to stop the madness.

 So here we are, fellow lazy bloggers. I applaud you too. You took an idea or dream and turned it into a great outlet for yourself. Does it fill you up? My blog sure does. Even without perfection. You are doing awesome!

19 comments :

  1. Yes, spend this time with your children! Nobody has ever said, "I wish I spent less time with my kids." People HAVE said, "I wish I hadn't spent all my time on that job. Worrying about money. Etc." ☺ Go! Spend time with your loved ones! ♡

    -Kate L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Betway Group: A strategic strategic merger with
    The Betway Group is 이천 출장안마 a strategic partnership for the 당진 출장안마 Gambling and Gaming industry. The strategic merger marks the launch 시흥 출장마사지 of 세종특별자치 출장마사지 the Founders: Stephen 당진 출장안마 KeechHeadquarters: Curacao

    ReplyDelete


  3. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely delighted in understanding it in my noon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think youve created some actually interesting points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the type of information that are meant to be shared around the net

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT YOU'VE SHARED TO EVERYONE. STAY SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings! Your blog is very interesting! Please check my website I have a recommendation for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really impressed by reading the information content you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this helpful information..

    ReplyDelete
  14. the information you provide on this website has helped me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read. I definitely loved every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your webpage is fantastic and this is a fantastic inspiring submit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post, your post so nice and very informative. Waiting for your another!

    ReplyDelete